/etc/shadow

malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Thu Feb 10 13:49:30 CET 2005

I had this same curiosity for sarge and found that when I added
the linux standard base (the lsb package), one of it's postinstall
scripts enables shadow passwords (and announces that when the package
is installed).  Haven't tried this on woody but I would suspect it would
be the same.

Give that a try.  Someone else might know other ways to achieve shadow
passwords.

-Eric Malkowski