Help on config files for Beowulf

Gavin Tran gavintran at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 15:46:46 CET 2005

Hi,

Sorry for bothering you again. ^_^
I've been installing Beowulf system with 1 aka-server master server ,
and 8 clients aka0 -> aka7.
I face with some trouble in setting up the fai.conf, make-fai-nfsroot
and source.list.

My master server have 2 cards , eth0 for outside and eth1 for inside.
The hostname in my /etc/hostname is dserver, and that's the name of eth0.

As describing in FAI guide, I put all the dserver IP addr, aka-server
IP addr and aka0 ~ aka7 IP addr into the /etc/hosts file.

The DHCP3 server available on my eth1 interface.

At this point I felt a little confused about the dserver and
aka-server hostname. Will it possible to recognized both of the name
on one machine ?

I've tried but couldn't figure out how to make my clients see eth1
interface with the name aka-server. So it failed to mount NFS on
aka-server:/.......

installserver which is the name of the server can be seen by clients,
so I set it to aka-server. But when I run fai-setup, it came to error
---------------------------------
Mounting aka-server:/home/debmirror to /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot//mnt2.
mount: can't get address for aka-server
Can't mount aka-server:/home/debmirror to /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot//mnt2.
No diversion `diversion of /sbin/discover-modprobe by fai', none removed
umount: /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot//mnt2: not mounted

I know that fai don't what is the aka-server.But I couldn't figure out
how to make it recognized.

I enclosed my fai.conf, make-fai-nfsroot.conf , source.list, hosts files

Hope to here from you soon.

--
Gavin Tran