debootstrap failing ( part of fai )

Satyen Sheth satyen.sheth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 04:47:17 CET 2005

On 12/6/05, Michael Tautschnig <michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > 'fai-mirror -v -cDEFAULT /usr/local/share/files/scratch/debmirror/'
> >
> > This fails to build a proper mirror, - nothing in pool directory -
> >
> [...]
>
> Please try to add the "-a" option to download packages specified in
> make-fai-nfsroot.conf et al.

So this would not actually fix my problem.  After many iterations with
running fai-mirror + input from Thomas, it seems that there is a
subset of files which do not get downloaded.

I sent to this list - an email describing pkg list from Thomas + pkg
list from me and the diffs between them.  For some reason I don't see
this email sent to the list.

Per instruction given to me I had to create a new file in
/usr/local/share/fai/package_config

and add all pkgs which were "missing" for base install.

This seemed to have downloaded all necessary packages, but I'm hitting
another issue right now.  I'll most likely post about this in a
different email.

-seth