FAIBASE class

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Mon Aug 29 10:35:48 CEST 2005

> Hello,
>
> I'm using the sarge version of FAI installing sarge machines.  This
> mail is just a report that the FAIBASE/30-interace script that ships
> with FAI has an error:
>
> The line:
>
> [ -s /tmp/etc/resolv.conf ] && cp -p /tmp/etc/resolv.conf $target/etc
>
> Gives the error:
>
> cp: cannot create regular file `/tmp/target/etc/resolv.conf': No such file or directory
> fcopy: /fai/files/etc/resolv.conf is not a directory. Not copied.
>
> This is because sarge systems use the resolvconf package.
> Now /etc/resolv.conf is a symlink to /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf
>
> The line in the script should be:
> [ -s /tmp/etc/resolv.conf ] && cp -p /tmp/etc/resolv.conf $target/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/base

This has been reported to the Debian-BTS already, where I attached a patch -
please note that your solution only works for resolvconf-enabled installations,
whereas my patch probably doesn't work in that case :-( Could you please add
your above mail to the bugreport? See

for the details.

Thanks in advance,