fun with FAI and Debian sid

Michael Tautschnig michael.tautschnig at zt-consulting.com
Mon Aug 22 10:43:14 CEST 2005

> > Why not install Sarge with FAI and then upgrade?  That would probably be
> > a lot smoother.
>
> Probably. However, I don't have the necessary *.deb's in my local Debian
> repository. Also I guess that this would then not be a 100% *F*ully
> *a*utomated *i*nstallation. And to get it 100% FAI, I'd have to invest an
> equal amount of time as I had to invest now.

Why shouldn't it be 100% automated? Use a sarge-sources.list in your nfsroot,
fcopy a sid/etch-sources.list to your client, apt-get dist-upgrade, done. If that
doesn't do the job, you could do it within a soft-update. At least the latter is
what I do as we are using a mixed sarge/etch environment.

Regards,