xen and fai

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 16 17:22:33 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 04:12:37PM +0200, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> I'm trying to use FAI to install a Xen virtual machine.
> [...]
> dhcp="dhcp"
> root = "/dev/nfs"
> nfs_server = '10.1.39.84'
> nfs_root   = '/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot'
> [...]
> When creating the Xen domain:
> IP-Config: Incomplete network configuration information.

this looks like something may be missing in the dhcp configuration... could
you try to boot the client with a static IP configuration on the kernel
command line?
If it doesn't work: how is you xen bridge set up? the name looks quite
'custom' to me...
you can try to boot the minimal xen ttylinux and checking the network
connectivity from there...

> Looking up port of RPC 100003/2 on 10.1.39.84
> RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
> portmap: RPC call returned error 101
> Root-NFS: Unable to get nfsd port number from server, using default

network problems... the machine has problems connecting to the server's
portmapper, which matches quite the error about the incomplete network
configuration...

--
c u
henning