FAIwiki Copyrights

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 17:15:54 CEST 2005

Hi Geert,

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 16:24 +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> >[...]
> > As Holger pointed out it could be very complicated to even change the
> > copyright after people put even a bit of content in, I put a copy of as
> > well as a link to the creative commons 2.5 attribution license in the
> > copyright part of the wiki now, that enables us, even if people add
> > content before we finish this discussion, to use these contents under
> > the new license we agree on.
> >
> > If nobody will comment, we stay with this license, if anybody has
> > comments, objections, ideas, whatever - please let's talk about it here
> > on the list - I welcome your feedback very much! :)
>
> The wiki is at http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de
>

> IANAL & AFAIK there are about five versions of the Creative Commons License.
> Some of them are very restricting. e.g. "don't modify my beautiful
> painting". But a wiki is about allow others to modify ( improve it )

"creative commons attribution 2.5" is one of these, that one that allows
absolute freedom apart from the original author must be mentioned. Sorry
for not posting a link to it and to the faiwiki copyright page, here
they go:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/

http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/FAIWiki:Copyrights

Henning