softupdate with simple example?

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Tue Apr 19 22:20:35 CEST 2005

Hello,

I started with the new /usr/share/doc/fai/examples/simple/ example.

I add the package "fai" to /package_config/FAIBASE

and a config file to /files/etc/fai.conf/FAIBASE

and this lines to /scripts/FAIBASE/10-misc
# for soft update
fcopy -i /etc/fai.conf

Now I install: demohost.
After this on the client I start: "fai softupdate"

The most seams to work but I get some errors and no log file is save to
the install server.

Here is a log file with some additional debugging switches on.

Any ideas?

regards Andreas

LAST/50-misc         OK.
Tue Apr 19 22:05:49 CEST 2005
The update took 19 seconds.
Calling hook: savelog.LAST
ERRORS found in log files. See /tmp/fai.5nGPnQ/error.log.
savelog.LAST         OK.
Calling task_savelog
+ '[' -d //var/log/fai ']'
+ '[' -d //var/log/fai ']'
+ fai-savelog -l
+ cd /tmp/fai.5nGPnQ
+ cp -p FAI_CLASSES
variables.sh /tmp/fai.5nGPnQ/disk_var.sh //var/log/fai
cp: cannot stat `FAI_CLASSES': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/tmp/fai.5nGPnQ/disk_var.sh': No such file or directory
+ fai-savelog -r
+ cd /
+ sndmon 'TASKEND savelog 0'
+ '[' 0 -eq 0 ']'
+ return 0
+ unset task_savelog
+ '[' -f /var/run/fai/FAI_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS ']'
+ umount //fai
+ sndmon 'TASKEND softupdate 0'
+ return 0
+ unset task_softupdate