Bootloader and another Problem

Martin Tanzer m.tanzer at x509.at
Tue Apr 19 12:49:13 CEST 2005

Hi list,
I am new to fai and got allready good results - thanx a lot for this
useful tool. Two minor problems showed up:

1.) When the installation is finished, on tty0 strange errormessages
show up and keep running - I am not able to read them. The keyboard
freezes. Watching the installation process on annother terminal with
tail -f /tmp/fai/* works fine - after the installation it is possible to
switch back on tty0 and enter a shell. I  have tested this behavior on
two different client machines.

2.) After installation grub is misconfigured. When a /boot partition is
used, root is set to hd0,1 instead of hd0,0. Without a /boot partition
grub looks for (hd0.0)/<kernel>, which is not present there. Switching
from GRUB to LILO works fine.

Specs:
o Server: sarge
o FAI: 2.8
o Installation Kernel: sarge 2.6.8, built with the fai provided .config file
o Client: sarge, 2.4 standard Kernel.

Any ideas?
martin