FAI 2.8 released !!!

Sun Apr 10 00:12:33 CEST 2005

FAI 2.8 is released!!!

A new new major FAI release is available. During the first FAI
workshop in germany, the participants conviced me to include some
major changes into the next release. So we had a very busy weekend and
a busy week afterwards, but now FAI 2.8 is released. One major change
is, that now we have a command fai! You can even say "man fai" :-) You
can also do your daily maintenance of your systems with fai using the
new action softupdate. Also, all simple examples had been review and
now the examples are simpler than before and should work out-of-the-box.

Thanks again to all people who helped during the last week testing
some beta releases, writing a lot of patches, telling me how to use
IRC, and for all the new ideas for improvements in FAI.

I hope you all enjoy the new release

best regards     Thomas

New in FAI 2.8

    - rename rcS_fai to fai, add manual page fai.8
    - new simple examples using class FAIBASE
    - add debconf support for the package itself
    - new action softupdates, update a system without reinstallation
    - fai-do-scripts now executes scripts matching [0-9][0-9]*
    - rcS.log is now fai.log
    - major updates in fai-guide (softupdate, fai on other archs)
    - add task prepareapt
    - variable $addpackages removed from examples scripts