Possibly silly: FAI served from OS X?

Tue Sep 28 09:28:03 CEST 2004

    > I don't want to use FAI to install OS X, I just want use an OS X box to
    > serve the appropriate files. I want to use it to install Debian onto
    > i386 platforms. It's just that I can't use most of the install scripts
    > since they expect a Debian (or "normal" Unix host) and OS X is kind of
    > weird under the hood (what admin tools are available, where things go,
    > etc).

    > This may seem like an odd idea ("why not just do it from a debian box
I can create you an i386 nfsroot tarball and put it on the fai
website if you like. I will also include a pxelinux.0 binary, that
should be all that is i386 specific. The you have to set up DHCP TFTP
and NFS, that shoukld be all.

But currently I'm at SANE 2004 so you'll have to wait until next week.