Possibly silly: FAI served from OS X?

Matthew Braun mjbraun at leydenjar.com
Mon Sep 27 19:07:16 CEST 2004

I don't want to use FAI to install OS X, I just want use an OS X box to
serve the appropriate files. I want to use it to install Debian onto
i386 platforms. It's just that I can't use most of the install scripts
since they expect a Debian (or "normal" Unix host) and OS X is kind of
weird under the hood (what admin tools are available, where things go,
etc).

This may seem like an odd idea ("why not just do it from a debian box
like most sane beings"), but it's because I use my laptop everywhere
and I'd like to avoid having a separate machine just for FAI.

--
Today, today, each day I have waited for you.
And now do they not say you are strewn with the shells of Ishi river?