fai-setup error

BRINER Cedric work at infomaniak.ch
Fri Sep 24 14:12:51 CEST 2004

debian, x86

hi,

I'm making my first steps with fai with some difficulties.

==  create the debian mirror ==
1)I've tried to use mkdebmirror with:
  a) this value:
      arch=i386
      dist=sarge,sarge-proposed-updates
      destdir=/export/diskA/debmirror2
      update_from debian.ethz.ch
      update_from ftp.de.debian.org
  b)#  /usr/share/doc/fai/examples/utils/mkdebmirror
     ------------------ create mirror for debian on debian.ethz.ch
------------------
     ------------------ create mirror for debian-non-US ------------------
     Won't mirror without
dists/sarge/non-US/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz signature in Release at
/usr/bin/debmirror line 1072.
     releasing 1 pending lock... at /usr/lib/perl5/LockFile/Simple.pm
line 182.

2)the second option was to use the apt-move mirror package
it actually works,

== fai-setup ==
but now if I use the debmirror created with apt-move in conjunction with
fai-setup.
I get:
fai already exists.
Make sure that all install clients can
log into this account without a password.
/home/fai/.ssh/known_hosts remained unchanged.
/home/fai/.ssh/authorized_keys created.
User account fai set up.
Creating FAI nfsroot can take a long time and will
need more than 250MB disk space in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot.
/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot already exists. Removing /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
Creating nfsroot for sarge using debootstrap

----i added an echo of the command here ---
  debootstrap --arch i386
--exclude=pcmcia-cs,ppp,pppconfig,pppoe,pppoeconf,dhcp-client,exim4,exim4-base,exim4-config,exim4-daemon-light,mailx,at,fdutils,info,modconf,libident,logrotate,exim
sarge /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot file:/export/diskA/debmirror/