more flexible disk configuration

Fri Sep 24 12:04:04 CEST 2004

     > Hi all.  We've been using FAI at the MIT Computer Science & Artificial
     > Intelligence Lab to install servers and workstations since the early
     > part of this year, and for the most part, it is very nice.

I'm always very interessed in user expiriences with FAI. Can you
please fill out the FAI questionnaire
http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/questionnaire
and send it back to me when you finished a project with fai.

    > The docs say that I should use a hook to configure the disks and
    > partitions if the existing disk configuration code is not usable.  I
    > think the right thing to do is to write a hook to synthesize a
    > disk_config definition based on which disks are discovered.  It would
    > write this disk_config file out to e.g. /tmp/fai/disk_config/<hostname>,
    > and then call setup_harddisks with '-c /tmp/fai/disk_config'.

    > Does that seem like the right solution?  Have people solved this problem
That's a perfect way to do it. Don't forget to skip the default task
task_partition(). You also have to source some variables, therfore the
hook should also have the suffix .sh.
Have a look at task_partition how to source theses variables. ( . $diskvar)