Successful FAI installation to AlphaStation

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Thu Sep 9 17:38:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

after some days of heavy tweaking, I came up with a full FAI
installation on an AlphaStation Compaq XP1000.
Since FAI consists of hardware independent scripts only, it was
pretty easy (once I found out about BSD disklabels).
The major problem was to build a netboot image - a nasty bug in
the aboot package did the showstopper job.
Everything is fixed now. See
	http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/~steffeng/fai/fai-alpha.html
for a (long) log of my attempts - which also contains the download
links.
For those *not* interested in AlFAI there's a page about my Athlon
installations, too. http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/~steffeng/fai/
Note that the web pages have been created "quick and dirty", so if
you find bugs, typos, or incomprehensible stuff, don't keep it for
yourself - I'd be happy to fix it!

Thanks

 Steffen

--