Variable SERVER not set

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Fri Sep 3 08:27:30 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:27:32PM +0200, jimmy at g-tec.co.at wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've done a few installations with FAI now but I still have the problem
> with "Server not set".

I've been seeing this too, if there's another DHCP server responding
faster (working on a flat 172.16 network, this happens to happen).

  I always made a workaround by setting
> "installserver=myserver_ip" so that the logs can be sent via ssh to
> "myserver_ip". But now I'd like to know how to solve the problem. I tried
> to set it in fai.conf, but that didn't work. I always get "SERVER not
> set" when faimond is started and when the logs are sent via ssh.

Hmmm, did'nt see such a coincidence yet...

Cheers
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * * * Merlin cluster admin (http://pandora.aei.mpg.de)