TFTP Timeout

Andrea Iacopini aiacopini at steponweb.it
Wed Oct 27 14:00:49 CEST 2004

Guys,
my headache with tftp still continue.
Again with TFTP, when my fai client tries to download kernel via tftp I have
PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout error.
My inetd.conf, regarding to tftp is:

tftp           dgram   udp     wait    root  /usr/sbin/in.tftpd in.tftpd -r
blksize -s /boot/fai -u fai

Anyway when I run ps -edaf on my fai server I can't see tftp daemon running:
I know that tftp daemon is invoked from inetd when it needs,
again monitoring my fai server  when my fai clients tries to boot I can't
see nothing

aracne:/# while true; do ps -edaf | grep tftp; sleep 5; done;
root       320   224  0 15:55 pts/0    00:00:00 grep tftp
root       335   224  0 15:55 pts/0    00:00:00 grep tftp

So i decided to run tftp via in.tftp directly from command line.

aracne:/# dpkg -s tftpd-hpa
Package: tftpd-hpa
 This is a tftp server derived from OpenBSD tftp with some
 extra options added. It is useful if you want to use the
 PXE protocol which has some non-standard requirements for
 tftp.

aracne:/# dpkg -L tftpd-hpa
/.
/usr
/usr/sbin
/usr/sbin/in.tftpd
/usr/share
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man8
/usr/share/man/man8/in.tftpd.8.gz
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/tftpd-hpa
/usr/share/doc/tftpd-hpa/README
/usr/share/doc/tftpd-hpa/README.security
/usr/share/doc/tftpd-hpa/copyright
/usr/share/doc/tftpd-hpa/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/tftpd-hpa/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/man/man8/tftpd.8.gz

and finally

aracne:/# in.tftpd &

in my messages i see

Oct 27 15:58:00 aracne in.tftpd[351]: recvfrom: Socket operation on
non-socket

What a shame!!

Please help...

Regards,