How to move from woody to sarge

Wed Oct 20 16:44:29 CEST 2004

    > I want to start som experiments with sarge clients, but I still want to be
    > able to install woody clients.

    > Is this possible, and in that case, what should I upgrade (server,
    > fai-version) and in what order?

Install the newest fai package (and fai-kernels) and define a
different path for the new (sarge) nfsroot (in
make-fai-nfsroot.conf). This is also possible on a woody install
server. Then also create a new config space for sarge, since the
syntax for the discover call in 06hwdetect.source is very different
than that for woody. Also some package names are not available, so
having two different config spaces (one for woody, one for sarge) is
easier to handle.