Problem with make-fai-bootfloppy

Binh Ngo binh.ngo at ec.gc.ca
Tue Nov 30 18:28:15 CET 2004

Hi,

I upgraded fai to version 2.6.5 and fai_kernels to version 1.8.1. This
is the error that I got when trying run make-fai-bootfloppy:

#make-fai-bootfloppy -vF FAI_ACTION=install
Using configuration files from directory /etc/fai.
Creating an ext2 filesystem on floppy device /dev/fd0.
Creating the boot floppy with grub.
Copying the kernel /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.8-fai to the
floppy.
cp: writing `/floppy/vmlinuz-2.6.8-fai': No space left on device
#

It looks like the size of the file vmlinuz-2.6.8-fai is too big to fit
onto the diskette after other files (stage1,2) have been copied. I'm
wondering if there is a fix for this problem.

Thanks for your time,
Binh Ngo