Question regarding file modes

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Nov 12 14:32:21 CET 2004

also sprach Holger Schurig <hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de> [2004.11.12.1421 +0100]:
>   my $uid = ($user  =~ /^\d+$/) ? $user  : getpwnam $user;
>   my $gid = ($group =~ /^\d+$/) ? $group : getgrnam $group;

This is OT, but please start using getent instead of
getpwnam/getgrnam, both of which are ancient and broken.

> which uses getpwnam / getgrnam.  This is wrong, because the uid
> and gid should be taken from $target/etc/passwd or
> $target/etc/group, but not from /etc/passwd or /etc/group.

so it should use chroot and getent. Good spot though.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

"the only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
                                                        -- oscar wilde