Force 3w-9xxx to be loaded?

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at danet.de
Tue Nov 9 17:52:37 CET 2004

Hi Steffen,

> got a 1U server with a nice 3ware 9500-4LP in it, so I have to install
> the OS to a RAID unit that is maintained by the hw controller.
> Unfortunately, fai2.6.3/fai-kernels1.8(2.6.8) does not load 3w-9xxx
> automatically ( it tries to load 3w-xxxx ) - how can I force 3w-9xxx to
> be loaded before proceeding?
have the same controller in a 2U box. Be carefull if you want your root to stay
on this controller and you have not compiled the driver fix into the kernel.
The mkinitrd script has also a bug and does not include it in the initrd.
You have to manually list it also there.

Greetings Sven

  Sven Wilhelm

  Danet Internet Solutions GmbH
  eBusiness and System Services