Force 3w-9xxx to be loaded?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Tue Nov 9 08:56:17 CET 2004

Hi Thomas,

thanks for leading me out of my blindness...

>     > automatically ( it tries to load 3w-xxxx ) - how can I force 3w-9xxx to
>     > be loaded before proceeding?
>
> Have a look at class/06hwdetect.source. There you can load kernel
> driver during the installation.

That's the "kernelmodules" definition.

  Also add these driver to the variable
> moduleslist in a *.var file. E.g:
>
> DEFAULT.var:
> # modules that will be loaded by the new system, not during installation
> # these modules will be written to /etc/modules
> moduleslist="e100 3c59x usbkbd usb-uhci keybdev mousedev hid"

Did that before, but  it says "not during installation" which is true.
Perhaps you should add a note there pointing to hwdetect?
# If you need a module during installation, add it to $kernelmodules
# in 06hwdetect.source

Thanks again,
 Steffen

--