problem with setting up mirror

Rudy Gevaert rgevaert at elis.ugent.be
Mon Nov 8 14:48:08 CET 2004

Hello

I upgraded my system to unstable to be able to use the latest FAI.
And I have problems with installing a mirror of unstable.

gevaert:/ed/debmirror# ./mkdebmirror
------------------ create mirror for debian ------------------
------------------ create mirror for debian-non-US ------------------
Won't mirror without dists/unstable/non-US/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz signature in Release at /usr/bin/debmirror line 1094.
releasing 1 pending lock... at /usr/lib/perl5/LockFile/Simple.pm line 182.
------------------ create mirror for debian ------------------
------------------ create mirror for debian-non-US ------------------
Won't mirror without dists/unstable/non-US/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz signature in Release at /usr/bin/debmirror line 1094.
releasing 1 pending lock... at /usr/lib/perl5/LockFile/Simple.pm line 182.
------------------ create mirror for debian-security ------------------
Won't mirror without dists/sarge/updates/main/debian-installer/binary-i386/Packages.gz signature in Release at /usr/bin/debmirror line 1094.
releasing 1 pending lock... at /usr/lib/perl5/LockFile/Simple.pm line 182.
receiving file list ... done
client: nothing to do: perhaps you need to specify some filenames or the --recursive option?
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(723)

This is what I put in mkdebmirror

debug="$@"
arch=i386
dist=unstable

destdir=/ed/debmirror

# first sync from a mirror near to you
update_from ftp.uni-koeln.de

# since this mirror is not always up to date, sync the rest from an official mirror
update_from ftp.de.debian.org

# even one should not mirror the security site, but I will do it.
echo "------------------ create mirror for debian-security ------------------"
debmirror $destdir/debian-security $allopt --host=security.debian.org -r debian-security -d sarge/updates,woody/updates

# get installation disk images via rsync
rsync_disks unstable ftp2.de.debian.org

I installed debmirror from unstable.

Thanks in advance,

Rudy