fai 2.5.4 and sarge, ssh problems: stdin: is not a tty

Holger Levsen fai at layer-acht.de
Fri May 28 22:19:44 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've setup fai 2.5.4 for sarge, with an apt/sources.list like this:

deb http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian-non-US sarge/non-US main contrib non-free

(with sarge-proposed-updates there are some errors) and adding "fileutils" to
exclude-option in FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS, which looks like this now:

FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS="--arch i386
--exclude=pcmcia-cs,ppp,pppconfig,pppoe,pppoeconf,dhcp-client,exim4,exim4-base,exim4-config,exim4-daemon-light,mailx,at,fdutils,info,modconf,libident,logrotate,exim,fileutils"

Then I copied the simple configdir examples into the configdir.

Using this setup I can install sarge just fine, but I cannot login to the
install client anymore:

ssh root at 10.0.5.2
Password:
             stdin: is not a tty

If have searched google but without luck. Does anybody have any idea what
could cause this error ?

The kernel used on the client and in the nfsroot is the one from fai-kernels
1.6.

There are other problems in 06hwdetect, because the syntax of discover and
modprobe has changed, I will fix and comment this later. (And it's should not
be related to my problem with ssh, I think.)

I also saw the start-stop-daemon.REAL problem on the installed client, which I
will also investigate and report later.

regards,
	Holger