Questions on FAI

Mon May 3 11:33:36 CEST 2004

    > few points. After performing the boot install, how do we change the settings
    > so that it boots from the drive and not the network. Also for programs that
You can always boot from the network, but will give the client
different kernels using the command fai-chboot(8). This is the easy
and default way to do it. It's difficult to change the boot order in
BIOS from a running linux system.

    > do not have Debian packages that I have to compile, I am not sure exactly
    > how that gets put in the files directory.
If you have a tarbal for these "packages", then use the command ftar
to install them onto the new system.

    > 65 nodes dual Opteron
Nice! Please fill out the questionnaire /usr/share/doc/fai/QUESTIONNAIRE
and send it to me after your cluster is up and running. Maybe you like
to add a few pictures or create a web page of you cluster.