mk2efs fails (followup on reboot after part.)

Holger Levsen hl at hbt.de
Mon Mar 8 13:45:43 CET 2004

Hi,

> This is an followup on my posting "Reboots after partitioning".
>
> I investigated the problem a bit further and found that the first call
> mke2fs never returns, instead the machine reboots. The call to mke2fs
> looks like this:
>        mke2fs -q -c /dev/sda1

can you run this command on another console on the client e.g. switch
with alt+f2 to another console, run the command. What happens ?

> My software:
>  fai 2.5.4
>  fai-kernels 1.6 i386
>  kernel 2.4.24
>  debian stable with updates
>
> My  setup is using PXE-boot, and the partitioning is defined as follows
>
> disk_config sda
>
> primary  /fai-boot      16    rw,errors=remount-ro     ; -j ext3 -c
> primary  /              512    rw,errors=remount-ro     ; -j ext3 -c
> logical  swap           1024
> logical  /var           2024    rw                       ; -m 5 -j ext3
> logical  /usr           4096    rw            ; -j ext3
> logical  /usr/local     4096    rw            ; -j ext3
> logical  /tmp           512    rw,nosuid            ; -j ext3 -m 1
> logical  /home        2096    rw,nosuid        ; -j ext3 -m 0
> logical  /files/scratch 0-    rw,nosuid        ; -j ext3 -i 50000 -m 1
>
> Any suggestions ?

Turn debugging on and post the results ;)
FAI_FLASGS=verbose,debug,createvt

Turn debugging on in NFSROOT/sbin/setup_harddisks
(/usr/lib/fai/sbin/setup_harddisks).

regards,
	Holger

--

Hamburger Berater Team GmbH     Telefon: 040/369779-0
Stadthausbrücke 3 (Fleethof)    Telefax: 040/369779-99
20355 Hamburg                   eMail  : hl at hbt.de
				Web    : http://www.hbt.de