Installing kernel-image-2.6-686

Tony F. White tony at worldlingo.com
Tue Jun 15 00:58:31 CEST 2004

Hello Thomas,

Sorry about the HTML email (.

No we are just wanting to use it for the installed system's.
The main thing we are wanting is to be able to use LVS and the newer kernels come pre-patched (2.4.23+ & 2.6.+).
I managed to get one server installed with 2.4.26-2-686, which has the required module(s) but I have not been able to do it again.  I think what I did was before it did the addpackage line in the S01 script I did an fcopy of the apt.conf and sources.list.  But if I do that I cannot get one of our own private packages to install automatically...
Currently I have FAI installing 2.4.26-1-686, not sure why it is not installing -2-, unfortunately the kernel does not seem to have the required patch.  I might try putting the fcopy lines back in and seeing what happens...

If anyone has some ideas I would appreciate hearing them...

Thx.
Tony