Some remarks about version 2.5.5

Michael Chanudet michael.chanudet at eolas.fr
Tue Jul 13 14:59:09 CEST 2004

Hi!

I'm using version 2.5.5 since yesterday, and I've some remarks
(I have to say that I am a newbie with FAI ^^ I've begun with version 2.5.4
last week, and I haven't installed any system with FAI)

I have the same problem that Eric have described (the probleme with the grub
folder. His tips works great).

When I am running fai-setup, I have this line :
modprobe: Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/modules.dep
(No such file or directory)

This is "normal" because this file doesn't exists!
But fai-setup creates a modules.dep in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/lib/modules/
Is it ok? Have I to copy this file in
/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/ ?

I am continuing to configure FAI ^^
I am writing a procedure in the same time (in french), I will give you a link
when everything will be ok :)

Regards, Michaël

--
Michaël CHANUDET - Stagiaire
Eolas, Business & Decision à Grenoble - +33 4 76 44 50 50 - fax. +33 4 76 44