Preserving partitions: README.disk_config wrong?

jimmy at g-tec.co.at jimmy at g-tec.co.at
Thu Jul 8 16:01:25 CEST 2004

Hello,

Today I had to find out how the preserving of partitions is done with
FAI. I took a look at the perl script since the README file couldn't
help me. IMO the README file is wrong. Here's one line(nr. 120):

  To preserve only the partition size, the number of the partition must
  be unchanged and the size must be specified as "preserve<no>"

Doing it this way also preserves data on the disk. If I only want
the same size, I have to add the option "format", right?

greets Jimmy

Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler, jimmy at g-tec.co.at
Get my public key at www.g-tec.co.at