no MBR/lilo.conf after install

Oliver Osburg osburg at coling.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 8 12:13:49 CEST 2004

On Do, Jul 08, 2004 at 11:54:44AM +0200, Olaf Oexmann wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> i managed to get fai working up to a certain stage. the client boots from
> diskette and the installation procedure runs just fine, but after the final
> reboot the newly installed machine does not find the os. a rescue boot from
> cd does find all the partitions and the system seems to be installed
> properly though.
> i found out that there is no <lilo.conf> even though i added lilo in
> /usr/local/share/fai/package_config/DEFAULT. maybe the mbr is mising but i
> do not have a clue why.....
> any suggestions will be highly appreciated
> thanks
> Olaf
Hi Olaf,

did you check the output of the installation log? Look into software.log
probably you miss the package "lilo" in your class definition. Did you
check your class definition with "fai-class"?

To find out the reason, one would have to take a look at the installation
logs. They should tell you what is missing.

regards,

Oliver
--
 -----  Oliver Osburg  -  Sysadmin Computerlinguistik ------