troubles configuring fai

Michael Chanudet michael.chanudet at eolas.fr
Fri Jul 2 12:15:23 CEST 2004

Hi there! I'm totally new in FAI and it's my first install.
After having configured fai.conf (with the help of someone who has already
used fai, but he's now in holydays)
and after having corrected a "bug" in /usr/sbin/fai-setup (there was missing
a -t rsa in the ssh key function)
I launch fai-setup, and I've got this problem when (or after?) creating the
FAI nfsroot.
Here is the screenshot. Where can be the problem?

Thanks for your help

ServFai:/home/user# fai-setup
Account $LOGUSER=fai already exists.
Make sure, that all install clients can
log into this account without a password.
/home/fai/.ssh/authorized_keys created.
User account fai set up.
Creating FAI nfsroot can take a long time and will
need more than 150MB disk space in /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot.
/usr/lib/fai/nfsroot already exists. Removing /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot
/usr/sbin/debootstrap: ar: command not found

zcat: stdin: unexpected end of file
/usr/sbin/debootstrap: ar: command not found

... (the zcat error appears many times)

zcat: stdin: unexpected end of file
chroot: cannot execute mount: No such file or directory
W: Failure trying to run: chroot /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot mount -t proc proc
/proc
umount: /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/proc: not found
chroot: cannot execute apt-get: No such file or directory

--

Michaël CHANUDET
Eolas <http://www.eolas.fr/url.php?idt=26> , Business & Decision

Portails Ebiz, Public, BI -  Internet en continu (Hébergement, Création de
trafic web)

+Universel d'Eolas : <http://www.eolas.fr/url.php?idt=25>  le + d'Eolas pour
+ d'accessibilité et + de mobilité !