Class website?

Dylan Vaughn dylan at dcvaughn.com
Mon Jan 19 21:11:14 CET 2004

Hey all,

I've recently started to use FAI (great software btw!) and am hoping to
create classes that will recreate an environment as is described in the
"Bootstrapping an Infrastructure" paper[1] mentioned in the FAI Guide.
It would have a config for the gold server, file servers (I am thinking
that OpenAFS would be a good choice for at least part of the
filesystem), and normal workstations.  I'm also interested in making
classes supporting web server farms, business firewalls, email servers,
spam filters, etc.

But before I get into all of that, is an existing resource (website,
wiki, etc) out there that has published (GPL'ed) FAI configurations?
I've only found examples in the packages itself and at Physics
Department of the Freie Universitat Berlin[2].  I like reading these
examples, and I suppose was just interested in generating/learning about
more generic configurations such as the ones there.

Any suggestions, comments, advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Dylan Vaughn

1. http://www.infrastructures.org/papers/bootstrap/bootstrap.html
2. http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~glaweh/pfai/