FAI release 2.5.2

Thomas Glanzmann sithglan at stud.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Jan 9 21:03:22 CET 2004

Hi Bruce,

> Does FAI 2.5.2 work with a devfs kernel by chance?

Every version FAI does (as far as I know). But don't put the 'mount
devfs on boot option' to true. Debian does mount devfs if configured so
automatically. But the FAI installation process doesn't. The only thing
you have to look at is that devfs disk devices look a bit different to
traditional ones.

I am not 100 percent sure, but I think this doesn't concerns FAI at all.
Maybe you have to add an alternative string match anywhere. But you'll
see if you run into trouble.

	Thomas