New fai release 2.5.4

malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Thu Feb 26 18:29:47 CET 2004

> fai 2.5.4 is out now!
>
> In contains one major bug fix and a nice enhancement for
> make-fai-bootfloppy. With option -i you can now create a bootable
> cdrom ISO9669 image.

I'm guessing the problem was when making a grub floppy in a file
(which is probably used as the floppy image emulation for the
el-torrito bootable CD you support creating now), the resultant CD
at first didn't boot?

The reasoning is last week w/ 2.5.3 I tried making a grub floppy to
a file and then dd the file onto a floppy on a different machine
and the resultant real floppy wasn't bootable...  I forgot to
report the problem, but I'm guessing it will most likely work now?

And adding the devicemap stuff for calling the grub shell fixed it?

If not I'm curious what the nature of the problem was.

Thanks for any info, and sorry if the details are in a log somewhere
I couldn't find any detailed changelog beyond the news file.

As I've said before -- FAI is fantastic and you keep making it better!

-Eric Malkowski