no boot-menu.b in nfsroot

Russos, Mike russosm at hmc.harvard.edu
Mon Feb 23 22:54:38 CET 2004

Hi all,

I attempted to recreate my nfsroot using the new 2.4.24-fai kernel and
although it claims to have succeeded, if I attempt to make a boot floppy it
complains that boot-menu.b cannot be found.  And yep, there is no
boot-menu.b file in the boot directory.  I attempted with my original kernel
and got the same thing.  So, I have changed something.  Can anyone tell me
at what point files like /boot/boot-* are created?

I can't find anything directly about it in the make-fai-nfsroot script.  I
would assume they would be created during the kernel install, but a manual
attempt didn't seem to do the trick (dpkg -x kernel NFSROOT).

Thanks,
Mike