IDE bus not seen by FAI

Andrew Janke rotor at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue Feb 10 20:45:54 CET 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:

> > I have recently upgraded FAI to version 2.5.2 and then 2.5.3, and have
> > a problem with hardware detection: the hda and hdc devices are not
> > seen, using the 'sysinfo' or 'install' options.  Looking at rcS.log, I
> > see that ide0 & ide1 don't show up in the 'lsdev' output,
>
> which kernel do you use? Do you have ide support in? What does dmesg
> show?

I also just upgraded.  The fix for me was to also "upgrade" my version of
class/06hwdetect.source See the examples/simple directory for how ide probing is
now done.

There was a line like this that changed IIRC (this is the new version)

   modprobe -a ide-detect ide-disk ide-cd isa-pnp

--
Andrew Janke   ( rotor at cmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance