Installed demo won't boot

Dylan Vaughn dylan at dcvaughn.com
Mon Feb 9 19:33:52 CET 2004

Sanders, M. wrote:

>root
>(hd0,0): Filesystemtype os ext2fs, partition type 0x83
>kernel root=/dev/hda1
>
>Error 1: Filename must be either an absolute pathname or blocklist
>===
>I am using fai 2.5.2 and fai-kernels 1.5.3. This probably is a grub
>issue but since it is the demo and I have not yet found my way in the
>configuration space any hints are highly appreciated.

hey there - i got this error too when i was trying to use the latest fai
with a woody debian installation.  in the logs it said the kernel
package wasn't getting installed b/c the kernel for the clients (2.4.22)
requires a version of initrd-tools that is only in Sarge or on
backports.org.  When I put:

deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable initrd-tools

into FAI_SOURCES_LIST at /etc/fai/fai.conf everything worked fine.

but now i'm on sarge so it's not a problem anymore! :)

dylan