FAI tests and simulation setup

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Dec 11 11:58:39 CET 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 09:11:47PM +0300, Cyril Bouthors wrote:
> Do you know a way to test a FAI installation locally, on the same
> computer without loosing data?
>
> Do you have any idea how this could be accomplished?
>
> Has anyone ever set up bochs or something similar to do such thing?

I use VMWare for FAI testing; it is much faster than bochs...
There are two annoying things about vmware:

1) non-free (but the workstation licenses aren't _so_ expensive)
2) at least the workstation version is a GUI program

As alternatives to VMWare I'd rather take a look at qemu than at bochs (speed
benefits).

--
c u
henning