Installing DEbian Packages after first reboot

Björn Torkelsson Bjorn.Torkelsson at hpc2n.umu.se
Thu Dec 2 20:54:27 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 20:02 +0100, Joerg Decker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to install debian packages after the first reboot?
>
> One package (myrinet gm driver) that I have created on my own contains
> pre-compiled kernel modules and needs the eventual kernel to be runnig
> during installation.

Create a /etc/init.d/fai-postinstall script doing what you want to do,
and linked to, for instance /etc/rc2.d/99fai-postinstall.

The last thing the script does is to remove itself from /etc/rc2.d, i.e
it will only be run the the first boot after the installation.

We are doing a lot of stuff in a postinstall script, and we are also
doing an extra reboot when the postinst is done.

/torkel