Some issues

Fri Aug 27 17:36:59 CEST 2004

    > OK; I'll try. Where is the value written to variables.sh?
define rootpw in class/*.var. After all variables are defined, the
task defvar writes then to variables.sh.

    > XFS. Perhaps Reiser. But XFS is most important (for me).
    > Using xfsprogs, I can format XFS partitions during install, but cannot
    > write to them...
>From setup_harddisks:

# Last changes: 14.07.2003 by Thomas Lange add xfs filesystem support
# reiserfs patch 8.11.2001 by Diane Trout <diane at caltech.edu>

    > I don't like scripts to run on first boot :-) That's why I love FAI so
    > much.
Me too, but did not work for me during the installation.
BTW also add this to a cfengine script:

   NISSERVER::
        { ${target}/etc/default/nis
          ReplaceAll "NISSERVER=false" With "NISSERVER=master"
        }