fai 2.6.1 on a woody server

Henning Sprang henning_fai at gmx.de
Mon Aug 23 18:34:47 CEST 2004

Hy,
I just wanted to start installing FAI 2.6.1 on a woody server on which i ran
2.5.x successfully, but failed.

I ran in troubles with the woody debootstrap packages missing scripts for
sarge, tried using debootstrap from sarge, but ended up in dependency
troubles.

I'm now just upgrading to sarge as it's a home machine, and all my home
machines are experimental somehow :), but would there have been another way
to get fai 2.6.1  running on a woody server (but surely putting sarge on the
install clients)?
Or am i overseeing some point that this idea makes perfectly no sense?

Henning