taskinst package selection seems broken

malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Thu Aug 12 14:19:22 CEST 2004

Hi all-

Tried out FAI 2.6.1 last night and wanted to try selecting packages
via the tasksel tasks and found I could only do one "task" per FAI
install.  Doing multiples would fail because tasksel would be passed
each task on the same commandline and it doesn't seem to like that.

i.e.

PACKAGES taskinst
desktop

The above works fine -- installs the desktop (lots) of packages.

PACKAGES taskinst
desktop
file-server
www-server

The above causes tasksel to error out and return usage info when it's
called during FAI.  The following also doesn't work:

PACKAGES taskinst
desktop file-server www-server

Is there some special way to supply multiple taskinst targets?
I even tried making separate classes and put each task in different
class files under the package area i.e. a file TASKINST_DESKTOP
and TASKINST_FILESERVER with separate PACKAGES taskinst declarations
however the install_packages script still bundles the tasks all together.

install_packages should probably do a for loop and call tasksel individually
for each task.

-Eric