make-fai-nfsroot failure (at debootstrap stage)

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Tue Aug 10 21:07:36 CEST 2004

Hello,

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 20:52, Arcady Genkin wrote:
> Thanks a lot, this gets me going for now.  I have filed a bug report
> with the Debian people about debootsrap; let's see what they'll have
> to say:
>
>        http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=264869

If you still have the problem with debootstrap please check:
 echo Version: 123 |sed -ne 's/^Version: *//Ip'

and report your sed version if it fails like:
GNU sed Version 4.0.9 do not work: No output

But the sed's (i386) in debian worked: Output: 123
stable (base): The GNU sed stream editor.
testing (base): The GNU sed stream editor

Removing the "I" in the sed line has also worked for me with sed Version
4.0.9.

- sed -ne 's/^Version: *//Ip' | head -n 1
+ sed -ne 's/^Version: *//p' | head -n 1

bye Andreas