Problems running fai with grub .95

malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net malk at sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Wed Aug 4 01:24:34 CEST 2004

Hi-

I ran into this w/ the beta version of what is now FAI 2.6.
Here's my solution which I posted to the list back on 10th July 2004 --
you need to do the ln command in your nfsroot and then make your ISO.
Grub is used for both floppy and ISO boot media...

Grabbed fai_2.5.5beta_all.deb this eve to try it out.
I'm using a mirror of the latest sarge as of today, 10 July 2004

When I did make-fai-bootfloppy, I got the following error:

debian:~# make-fai-bootfloppy -s debian-sarge
Creating an ext2 filesystem on floppy device /dev/fd0.
Creating the boot floppy with grub.
cp: cannot stat `/fai/nfsroot/usr/lib/grub/i386-pc/stage?': No such file or directory

In my nfsroot (located in /fai/nfsroot on my FAI server), the grub files are
actually in /fai/nfsroot/lib/grub/i386-pc so I simply did the following to
make things work:

cd /fai/nfsroot/usr/lib
ln -s ../../lib/grub .

Now make-fai-bootfloppy runs without error.