FAI for alpha architecture?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Mon Aug 2 17:08:09 CEST 2004

Hi,

there's a bunch of alpha-based machines waiting for revival (Compaq
XP1000's, not too bad ones), so I tried to setup on with "testing" and
tried to add the "fai" package which itself recommends "fai-kernels".
Unfortunately, there seems to be no such package. Does this mean "work
in progress", or should I simply go somewhere else? "testing" still
comes with fai 2.5.4, will there be an update to 2.6 before sarge gets
released?

Cheers,
 Steffen

(who will also try to set up some i386 boxes with old network cards and
etherboot on floppy to emulate PXE ...)

--
Steffen Grunewald * * * Merlin cluster admin (http://pandora.aei.mpg.de)
Albert-Einstein-Institut (MPI Gravitationsphysik, http://www.aei.mpg.de)