fai-setup problem

Peter Simko simko at phy.anl.gov
Fri Apr 30 21:49:53 CEST 2004

I'm a relative newb trying to configure a network with FAI using fai
v2.5.4 and fai-kernels v1.6. I've already run mkdebmirror on the install
server to create a mirror for woody. My plan is to use NFS to export the
mirror on the server to the remote clients. I'm having a problem running
fai-setup though, and I don't know if it's because of a bug or because
I've botched fai.conf. The error I get from fai-setup is:

E: Invalid release file, no entry for main/binary-i386-none/Packages
chroot: cannot execute apt-get: No such file or directory

I've also attached my fai.conf file. Am I correct in assuming that since
the mirror is stored locally on the installation server I don't need to
define FAI_DEBMIRROR?

Thanks in advance,
Pete S.