installed fai and Debian went belly up

Jim Smith elemint at linuxmail.org
Tue Apr 6 02:00:59 CEST 2004

I installed fai and once I figured out it was not what I wanted installed I did a apt-get
--purge remove fai and then the system went belly up, I can not login
to it at all and when it boots up the system complains about not
being able to find any users or groups for example clamav will not
start not will squid nor will sshd.

The first error I got after uninstalled fai was when I would try to
install any package and I would get " unknown user `root' in
statusoverride file
" unknown user `root' in statusoverride file"

Any Suggestions?

Jim