disk format of Compaq Smart Array (cciss) fail

Frédéric BOITEUX fboiteux at calistel.com
Thu Apr 1 11:22:51 CEST 2004

	Hello,

  I'm trying to use FAI with a HP/Compaq ML350 G3 and a Smart Array 641 card.
The array disks detection works with cciss module, I've a device in
/dev/cciss/c0d0, but when trying to do installation,
the setup_harddisks program fails with error :

ERROR: could not read device /dev/cciss/c0d0.

looking in that script, i've found that the command which should
list discs available on the host fails to give /dev/cciss/c0d0 disk :

$ sfdisk -s -q

return nothing !

  Does somebody have an idea how to format my disk, meaning sfdisk
to recognize the cciss devices ?

	Thanks for any advice,

		Frédéric Boiteux