AW: problems using fai-bootcd

Thomas Wuppermann tw at hbt.de
Tue Oct 28 11:11:34 CET 2003

Hi Thomas, hi everybody,

Thanks for your help.
The error "fai_bootcd_0.2 loading, syslogd: Couldn't get file descriptor for socket /dev/log: Address family not supported"
is fixed, but still the boot from fai-bootcd stopped with:

-----snip--------------------------------
Freeing initrd memory: 475k freed
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 160k freed

fai_bootcd_0.2 loading, searching for CD ....
trying to locate cdrom:
-----snap--------------------------------

what did I wrong? (Or do I have to tell it where cdrom ist? and if so, where ist it?)

Thanks Thomas

Hamburger Berater Team GmbH     Telefon: 040/369779-0
Stadthausbrücke 3 (Fleethof)    Telefax: 040/369779-99
20355 Hamburg                   eMail  : tw at hbt.de

Internet:
http://www.hbt.de
http://www.geofox.de
http://www.geonetwatch.de

ISO9001: DQS-Zertifikat-Nr. 5206-02
Alle Attachments geprüft mit Norton AntiVirus 7.6