FAI_ACTION always set to "sysinfo" for demohost

Kai Schindelka ks at zadi.de
Mon Oct 27 17:52:15 CET 2003

   Hello @ all;

my apologies to the list if this has already been discussed. In that
case I'd be grateful if someone could give me a hint as to where I can
find the associated information; thanks.

Now, I just don't seem to get it or I'm doing something very wrong
when I'm trying to install the host demohost.

The FAI-Server is set up with fai 2.5.1 and fai-kernels 1.5.3. There
is also a DHCP-Server running. The client boots with no problems. The
files from /usr/share/doc/fai/examples/simple/ haven been copied to
/usr/share/fai.

This is the pxelinux.cfg:
# generated by fai-chboot for host demohost
default fai-generated

label fai-generated
kernel vmlinuz-install
append ip=dhcp devfs=nomount FAI_ACTION=install root=/dev/nfs
FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt,syslogd

This is from /usr/share/fai/class/LAST.var:
mktable() {

     # Here, you have to add all your hosts
     # This is the table: host -> action

     cat <<-EOT

    kueppers     install
    bigfoot      sysinfo
    pittermaennche install
    demohost     install
EOT
}

However, when demohost boots via PXE, it always ends up with
FAI_ACTION set to "sysinfo".
This is from /home/fai/demohost/last/rcS.log:

                Fully Automatic Installation for Debian GNU/Linux
                FAI 2.5.1, 10 october 2003

                Copyright (c) 1999-2003 Thomas Lange
                <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>

Calling task_confdir
Kernel parameters: ip=dhcp devfs=nomount FAI_ACTION=install
root=/dev/nfs FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt,syslogd
BOOT_IMAGE=vmlinuz-install
Defining variable: ip=dhcp
Defining variable: devfs=nomount
Defining variable: FAI_ACTION=install
Defining variable: root=/dev/nfs
Defining variable: FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt,syslogd
Defining variable: BOOT_IMAGE=vmlinuz-install
[...]
List of all classes: DEFAULT LINUX I386 NONIS demohost LAST
Calling task_defvar
Executing DEFAULT.var
Executing LAST.var
Calling task_action
FAI_ACTION: sysinfo
Showing system information.
Calling task_sysinfo
The defined classes are:
DEFAULT LINUX I386 NONIS demohost LAST
The classes are also saved in /tmp/fai/FAI_CLASSES
[...]

Do I have overlooked something?

--
Bye; Kai